Thursday, June 19, 2008

High Water Tinkering

A couple weeks ago I decided to add aluminum boat guides on my trailer. With scrap aluminum I had stashed in my garage, two 67 cent PVC caps, a hack saw, drill, wrench and a file here is what I came up with:



Two nights ago I realized that I needed a rowing seat in my boat. It had to be movable so I could use it on the side of the back seat to run the motor, on the center of the rear seat to row, or on the center of the middle seat to row. I started with a foam back sling style seat, but bagged that idea after realizing my sewing machine didn't like trying to push thread through 1" webbing, 1"of foam and two layers of nylon.
I opted for power tool and the results look promising....formed dowel seat with a rope sling back support. Two pins hold it in place.


No comments: