Monday, June 30, 2008

Hex'n

Multiple missions have been launched to my home water in search of big browns feasting on Hexagenia Limbata. The bugs are there, but due to high/discolored water, the fish don't seem to be getting into a steady feed. I caught a couple 13" fish the first two times out, hooked and lost a pig on the second night out (Cursed Audibly!) and on the night JP and Todd joined me managed a nice 19" (ok 18.5") brown purely out of luck...just drifting a likely lie with little advanced notice that the fish was looking up. I'm using a new camera that is waterproof and small and I'm still getting used to it. I shot a few underwater shots of flies and I've attached them here. I went out again last night and saw a few of the big hex mayflies but no fish of size eating them. Luckily I managed 1/2 dozen bows and browns on 22 BWO's before calling it a night at 10 pm.









No comments: