Sunday, June 1, 2008

5/24,25/2008

My older Bro stopped down for a visit and couldn't have timed it better. We hit the home water and were greeted by hendricksons, caddis and BWO's. The fish were looking up and we fished dry flies. We managed a number of fish, bows and browns and had excellent weather (ok maybe a little too much wind). When he called me 2 weeks before to schedule an outing he said "I would like to do some dry fly fishing". Wish Granted. On Sunday JP joined us and we tried a different section of stream. JP and I moved upstream and left K on a nice run with plenty of water to fish. JP banged a few on caddis, while I managed to miss a good 1/2 dozen fish including one that I regret not getting a picture of. Meanwhile downstream K landed a 17" bow. We moved on to another little known section of the stream and managed a few more fish before the wind and our schedules conspired against us...


Nice form.

wall hanger!

Elk Hair Caddis launching pad

pattern change

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures and post. But I wonder why that tall goon is still crouching in the loon weeds when the fish is on already?