Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fish Dog?

Thor was getting antsy. 
So was I. 
It was supposed to be a "walk the dog" outing...but I brought a rod.

We did a brisk 1/4 mile stopping when Thor smelled something that I couldn't.
I was feeling impatient about this until he sniffed out some nice wood duck (?) feathers.

I put them in my pocket and was more patient after that.

Good dog.

I unleashed him and started fishing.  I required him to sit when I was casting and I think we almost got to the point that when he heard line being stripped off the reel he dropped his butt in the grass.

When we moved he wanted to get ahead of me but I suggested that he drop back and he did.

Catching was poor, but the fresh spring air and the obedient dog made the fishing great.

I think we're gaining ground.

Thor scores.

Fair is fair...making time for fetch.

Nicely.  Staying put.

Just say the word...


No comments: