Friday, March 21, 2014

Anchor's away

The dog is too young for a kennel.
The girls have spring break.

These two items are the reason why my wife and kids are in FL basking in the sun and kicking back in the sand.

These two items are also the reason why I've finally found the time to get some boat work done.

Following the advice from the guys at Lee Lock, I installed a hatch cover on the deck of my boat.
It gave me enough access to mount the Bow Mount Anchor Sytem.  It was no problem to completely contort my hand with an adjustable angle socket wrench and line up the nut and bolt.  My knuckles bled a "little"... 
I made the mistake of not completely tightening the first nut so I could shift the anchor lock into position over the second hole and get that one installed.  The problem came when I went back to nut/bolt #1 to tighten it.

No amount of fumbling could get the socket seated on the nut...soooo, I ended up drilling it out and starting over, THIS TIME staying on the nut until it was tight.  My knuckles bled a little more...

I had just finished when JP showed up with some "DRY FLY Vodka".

I don't remember what happened after that.



No comments: