Sunday, May 5, 2013

Birding with 6

My grand intention was to get the boat on the water and look for some carp feeding on the mudflats of a local river.
My grand intention was dashed due to a number of domestic distractions that I will not take the time to list here. 
When my 9 year old daughter left for soccer my 6 year old daughter turned to me for entertainment and I suggested we grab our cameras and go for a walk.  She was hell bent on shooting some bird pictures as she's seen me do over the past few days.
I have to admire her.   She stuck with it for 90 minutes and even took it upon herself to do some brush busting to get "the shots".
Here is a sample of her work as we strolled a path near a local waterway:

Dead Bluegill - hand held / full zoom

Turtle on a log - hand held / full zoom

Mourning Dove - hand held / full zoom







































Here are a few images from my day:


6 - getting in position for the shot

6- scouting

6 - getting the turtle shot



























White Bass fining

Gills



A small Large Mouth Bass &  Bluegill


Polarizing Filter On

Polarizing Filter Off



No comments: