Sunday, June 9, 2013

North Shore 3

My older brother and I had made some plans to fish this evening and I was happy to see that despite a little rain he was still game to sling some line.  The calm seas had given way to a slight chop, though it wasn't much considering the fury this lake is capable of.

My brother took up position and I claimed my rock.  The gray sky, scattered rain and cool wind made this place seem completely different than it was just this morning and the evening before.  Even though the mood had changed, my conviction had not.  I felt that a fish could (and would) seize my offering at any time.

After a while, the Pike from the evening before, or at least an exact replica of it, smashed my fly in close near the rock.  She struggled hard and I walked to shore so that I could beach her.  

I decided to have more fish for dinner this week.

No comments: