Friday, March 30, 2012

Got'eem

Back to the creek to enjoy the sunshine.  I decide that it was perfectly worthwhile to get smoked by a cunning brown but that a hatchery tank fish had no right denying me.  A few fish chased caddis to the surface and sent spray skyward as I stood shin deep in the flow of my home water spring creek.  Elk hair caddis on top,  soft hackle fished straight down with a few strips to impart action, the same soft hackle fished down and across, soft hackle fished dead drift, midge larvae fished dead drift...nothing.  Not a bump, tap or strike.  I changed to a beadhead midge larvae, still nothing.  I dug through the boxes in my pack and decided to try a red larvae lace pattern, fished dead drift.  Finally the line stopped and I was reconnected with my foe.  This time I landed it.  Finally.

No comments: