Sunday, March 11, 2012

It was originally going to be a fishing day...

...but I decided to go to the nearest available trout water and bring my girls along for a day afield.
I got a few casts in and actually had a couple grabs before my attention was required and climbing trees became the mission of the day.  I carried the girls back and forth across the creek so that they could get to the choicest specimens for climbing.   What was planned as a 1-2 hour outing stretched into 4.  Good to see this generation touching dirt, getting scratched and walking on something other than concrete or carpet.  I swung a soft hackle on the way back to the car and brought a few beautiful fish to the net.
As far as fishing goes it was a bit distracted and forced....but we sure kicked ass on the trees.





No comments: