Sunday, August 21, 2011

Night 10...Tying for the "D"

The latest in the box filling saga...
I decided to try the "Green Butt Skunk" with a chartreuse ostrich hurl butt...it looked pretty cool so I continued.
1/2 doz in the box.  I moved on to the "Redwing Blackbird", the tying instructions weren't clear in all of my googling so I followed the sample pic that was sent by NK and embellished with some red dyed pheasant tail for the collar and tail.  Again, I liked, so I wrapped a half dozen.  Next I built a orange bodied muddler with tan and orange kip tail and the bottom cut flush (flat) I'm hoping this will wake across some steelhead's nose and cause it to erupt...I switched to a straight eye hook for the larger version and used a down eyed Mustad 3906 sz 6 on the smaller versions.  We'll just have to see....


2 comments:

Matadors Blog said...

kick ass muddlers...

salmobyfly said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence Matador...I hope the steelhead agree.