Saturday, August 13, 2011

Deschutes Tying - Day3 (Now Night 3)

1/2 doz Undertakers and 1/2 Doz Spades...If you start early enough and add 6 - 12 a day...the box starts to fill up.  I wonder what these steelhead have against chartreuse and white Deceivers?  Tying low water flies is to unlearn everything I've learned over 20 years of fly tying.  The proportions are all wrong and I find myself wrapping way too far back, selecting hackle that is waaaay to long and stuffing dubbing back in the bag...I feel like a neophyte.... (please forgive the stream of consciousness writing....it's late.)



3 comments:

TS Pearson said...

Nice work! What about the purple muddler? I love that one.

salmobyfly said...

T,
I've got them on the list.
How are things going in AK?
Kings running?

Hope all is well!

TS Pearson said...

AK is busy as heck. Kings are long done. Hey, Good luck on the D man!