Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bahamas Day 2

I was up all night before my flight.  A combination of excitement, fear of sleeping through my alarm and a loud party a block over.  Suffice it to say I had no problems getting my sleep last night. 

Waking up the first morning at a bonefish lodge (or for any fishing trip for that matter) is The Moment.  It is the official start to whatever lies ahead.  The hopes are always high but in the end it will be what it will be...

Bagel with peanut butter, 4 cups of coffee, morning pit stop and then an 8 o'clock push.  And it all becomes reality.

Though I really do like my job and I certainly love my wife and kids, I was without cell service on an island on the first day of a 5 day run of bonefishing.

It's a good thing to feel this way from time to time. 

We stepped onto ST's skiff and we got this thing started.

The weather was in flux, clouds made it tough from time to time, wind made it really tough...Fish seemed not to be all that hungry, and we were still trying to look through the surface glare.  With all of that working against us, we connected with some nice bonefish. 

ST poled us through some tough conditions and fish us through a full day plus some.  We got back to the dock late, caught some more snappers, ate a delicious dinner and then planned to hang a barracuda head off the dock for some shark fishing.

Instead we drank a(nother) Kalik and fell asleep at 9:00

Home for a few days

I snapped this pic because I think I may build a platform just like it.

CA snapped a shot of me on the deck

I told my friends at 12wt I would try to get some product shots for them.

Clear water and high sun...this one ate.

Great light

Bonefish camo

Another sweet shot of a bonefish release

DO NOT Bring anything but HD hooks...

One of the many sharks on the flats

ST boats a cuda that charged CA's plug

Cuda Bonk


CA B&W 1

CA B&W 2

CA B&W3

Last ditch effort to shake it.

CA just prior to release

Standard issue fly hold on the casting deck shot...except I love this shot


CA and ST on the wade

Dropping Tide

Wading solo and I just about cast to the small one following behind this guy

5-6 lb bone coming into hand

CA on the flats

Flats park and ride

ST cleaning snapper

No comments: