Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Diversions

It's been awhile since my last post.  I've been digging in trying to squeeze the last drop out of summer.  Here is the update (just to justify a distinct lack of fish stories).

Title: South Dakota.

My wife and I decided to take the kids on a "Great American Road Trip".   South Dakota's great prairies, the Badlands, Black Hills, Wall Drug, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse... we hit it all.  This was the first time since we've been married that I did not pack a fly rod.  I didn't even stash one in the secret compartment in the back of my Honda Pilot.  No rod, No fishing.  I survived and actually had a swell time.

Me, shooting pics.  No fly rod, but I had a camera...

The Badlands of SD - 1

The Badlands of SD - 2

The Badlands of SD - 3

The Badlands of SD - 4

The Badlands of SD - 5

The Badlands of SD - 6

Crazy Horse as seen from the parking lot.

Crazy Horse as seen from Crazy Horse's Arm...my girls admiring close up.

Crazy Horse as seen from the bottom of the mountain.

Four Presidents worth admiring


Needles Hwy

Custer State Park Buffalo herd

Buffalo - After 60 million buffalo were reduced to 600 the reintroduction of these critters required specimens from the Bronx Zoo...  Another hatchery program - BONK!                                                                                                














2 comments:

JG said...

Good Stuff!!...Good to see you guys at Willy's gig though my head slightly disagreed sunday morning.

salmobyfly said...

JG,
Thanks for checking in.
Yes, Willy's was a blast. I'm glad you and L were there (it was great to finally meet her!). Nothing like busting out the rods for a little lawn casting as part of the reception activities!