Saturday, August 17, 2013

Paradigm Shift

I drove to Iowa today to pick up my new Alweld 1542, custom built for me along with the new trailer.

I towed her back to the WI without an issue.  I kept admiring her in the rearview mirror on the drive home.  No surprise really, isn't that the way all the new relationships feel? 
Exciting and fresh...this MUST be love!

I cut the anchor ropes and pulled my Cobra oar locks off of Jon.  As I did, I couldn't help but think about our shared history and the joy.  Kick-ass small mouth outings on the big river, dragging her across the brutal rocks to fish hex's in MN, the Nipigon...she was there for my first 20+" brookie.

I felt like a middle aged guy leaving his longtime wife for a 26 year old hottie. 
Oh, she was hot alright, but the memories nagged me. 
Luckily, Jon Johnson is heading to a new home up North to fish with the a fine new owner.
Godspeed Jon....godspeed.

The new boat is trick.  Batttleship gray and ready for combat.  Everything I always wanted.

And a new chapter begins.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice man! My jon is a 1542 and I love how stable she is. Plus with the new 20hp jet she can go anywhere. Congrats on the new rig!

Ike

salmobyfly said...

Thanks Isaiah. I am in the middle of rigging the new boat. I love working on boats. Every day when I walk out into my garage and see the Alweld sitting there I think..."Nice!"

-Salmobyfly