Thursday, July 4, 2013

Starting Early

I drove back up North to MN on the evening of July 3rd. 

The late arrival made for a late night of drinks and chatter.  When the last of the revelers finally hit the sack, I slid on my waders and headed to the shore of Lake Superior.

Another all-niter.

Independence Day:
The moon slid out of sight and the morning turned into a classic calm summer morning on the North Shore.
A fishless couple of hours soon became an agate picking/birdwatching event.

I crept up the beach to photograph a pair of bald eagles waiting for a local fisherman to toss them breakfast.  When they decided they didn't like me so close, they departed and left me walking the beach with my neck craned looking for Superior's native gem.  By 8:00 I was bleary eyed and drove back to my bed for a quick 2 hour nap before the day started again.






No comments: