Friday, August 10, 2012

Atlantic Relief

A work trip to Maine.  Clean, clear Atlantic water and evening dropping tides on one of my favorite beaches.  I was able to schedule work (3 days in a row) around fishing for stripers and...blues.   I have caught some very, very small blues on Martha's Vineyard a few years back, but this trip I finally discovered why these fish are revered by some and despised by others.  Let's just say that I lost a few flies to these toothy bastards.  I also caught one that was probably in the 4-6 pound class but failed to get a pic after I was trying to dance around the teeth and it finally cut my line and swam off with another fly.  Sand eel patterns were the fly of the trip and now, after the run in with the blues, I need to tie more.  My last of the three nights fishing the beach, after I caught a couple small stripers, I got hit and broken off by something that left a surface disturbance similar to a Manatee...not being in Florida I can only assume that it was something else...
I guess I'll have to go back and see if I can figure out what it was.




No comments: