Friday, April 13, 2012

At the vice with new technology

I just recv'd my shipment of Clear Cure Goo.  I think I may be in love.  After years and years and years of trying to find the perfect epoxy for a myriad of patterns, ruining dozens if not hundreds of flies and watching the epoxy turn amber after a season....along comes Clear Cure Goo.  With a few different  in viscosities, it seems that the options are endless.   Once the Goo is in place, simply hit it with the UV light for 5-10 seconds and you are DONE!  No more drying motors!!!!!!!!!

I cranked out a 1/2 doz Deceivers and I was very happy with the outcome (at least the outcome of the heads and eyes, it seems I may needs some new Indian Strung Hackle in white and certainly some new bucktail...).


I also tried something else...By tying in a mono loop in front of the eye and covering with the Goo, it is likely that I have stumbled across a very viable "diving-lip".  I am not sure if anyone else out there has done this yet or if it will even work, but the end results are very, very cool.  Take a look:





I also messed around with some baitfish and all I can say is LIQUID GOLD (just ad UV)!

No comments: