Sunday, July 31, 2011

As fate would have it...

I was up North visiting the motherland and happened to run into an old high school friend (hereafter called "Whitey") who runs a sweet little tourist cabin/commercial fishing operation on Lake Superior.  As it happened, my brother and I had planned to do a little shore fishing and I mentioned it to my buddy MM.  It's not as complicated as it is rather tedious to explain...but as fate would have it, my brother, MM and I joined Whitey in his boat for an afternoon of trolling on Lake Superior.  The catching was good, the catching up was better.  It's always a pleasure to fish with my brother on home water, when two old friends get involved it's even better.    Three coho salmon were caught and cleaned and they lasted exactly 4 hours before they were grilled and eaten.  The thanks go to Whitey for hosting a memorable excursion.
Whitey's commercial fishing operation on the Big Lake
"Before"
"After"





No comments: