Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Wednesday Night Crew June 23rd

I met up with the Crew from the Bear's den last night for another night of striper fishing. When I got to the designated spot, Seth, my Omni Stick informant (see post below) was already rigging up.
Looking out at the beach, the terns were diving and fish were popping. After years of reading about blitzing bass, I finally witnessed one. It wasn't a huge but the frothing water, busting fish and screeching birds got me fired up. I hustled through wadering up, strung up the rod, tied on a sand eel pattern, hit the beach running...
...and missed it.

Though bird continued to wheel above the water and occasionally dip down, no fish showed. We cast well past dark and then drove to a new spot on Buzzard's Bay. Again, blanked.

At least the weather was nice....damn.

No comments: