Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/20 The Answer.

IMPORTANT PRODUCT REVIEW:
After fishing with the crew from the Bear's Den Flyshop on the Cape back in May, we were all standing around in the moonlight drinking beer that someone kindly brought and shared and I happened to ask what they used to get eyes to stick to a fly. One guy, Seth, said Omni-Stick. Having tried everything else, I googled it and found it on Amazon. I ordered two tubes and they stayed untouched on my tying desk until recently. On June 20th 2010, I opened the package, opened up a tube and changed my life. Just a dot will do it. It doesn't run, penetrate(too far) and sticks like a champ. I added a set of eyes to a couple BHD's and found that the eyes stick only to the outer layer of craft fur and the undulation is virtually unaffected. I caught 4 fish, ripped the fly through weeds all of the usual hazards of fly fishing and the eyes stayed on.

Go Get Some.

No comments: