Monday, July 7, 2008

Back Home

Headed back to Northern MN for the 4th. Caught a few walleyes on hex's, hung some lakers on the down riggers, and attempted to catch a few more lake trout at the mouth of a river that flows into Lake Superior. My bro K and I strung up the rods and tied on our streamers only to met by warmwater species. Actually I got blanked, but K landed two smallmouth and a very nice pike. Considering the surface temp of the greatest of great lakes was only 48 degrees, it didn't make a lot of sense.

Hex'n Walleyes

...nice pike

Fish on.

Fish in...

3 comments:

t-mos said...

that pike kicks ass!!!

it appears as though kevin is landing another fish, bass style, in the last photo...what is the deal with that one?

t-mos said...

EDIT: nevermind my question. i see that it was answered in the post. i got lost staring at the pike!

salmobyfly said...

That's right T-mos...he asked me to land it. Viscious, thick shouldered bastard....and the fish was no slouch either.