Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Let the games begin!

I didn't get out on the first day. I did on the second day. Sunday. JP met me at 1:00 and we had a hell of a day. 22 degrees when I left the house at 10:30 am. I fished till 5. I had encounters with about a half dozen fish ranging from 8"-14". Nymphs and streamers mostly. Somebody who went before me and who was obviously heavier than I am, proved that the snow in many places was 20+ inches deep. I half expected to find some jolly old angler up to his wading belt in a drift, dead from a heart attack. Thankfully, I didn't. The dead tend to cut into your fishing time.

I "landed" a few, lost a few and got a short strike in one spot from a 13-14 inch brown that was interested, in a brief flashy sort of way, in my size 6 black bugger. 10-12 casts then it was manual de-icing time. I never did take a picture of a fish, none held still for the shot. Interestingly enough, I never felt cold. Not even for a minute.

No comments: