Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rigging 2

Oar Lock Sockets are complete and installed.  I applied double sided tape and a sheet of foam between the hull and the socket prior to bolting them through the gunwale with 1/4" stainless bolts.
The idea is to dampen any sound transfer from the oars to the hull.  It seemed to work well on Jon Johnson...





















I made a few calls and located a metalworker who is building me a stainless steel lean bar for the casting deck.  Things are moving along...


2 comments:

Matt K said...

I like where this is going. As much as I love the drift boat...wish I still had my last jon....along with the drift boat ;-)

salmobyfly said...

Thanks Matt. There is not a perfect boat, there is only the perfect circumstances for the boat you own. Everything else is just making do...

Despite the limitations, floating is generally a better option than the alternative (see also "sinking").