Sunday, September 11, 2011

Casting practice and a few more flies

I took the two hander to the big W for a day of practicing my form.  I'm pretty happy with the results... as long as I am always casting to river right with an upstream breeze I should be fine!  I did encounter a SMB and a Crappie.  I also encountered two jackasses in a jon boat who thought that it would be fine to fish through (not just drift through) the front and backside of a sweeper I was swinging flies through.  Words were exchanged...hopefully they learned something about river/boat/fishing decorum.
I also wrapped a few more flies.  One, which I took out to the river to test, was a spun deer hair variation of the Ska-opper.  I tied it with Haig-Brown's Steelhead bee in mind.  It floated and popped and stayed on top with no problem.  I think I may tie some in different colors and maybe size them down a little.  The other fly was such a thing of beauty that I named it after my wife.  Finally, the big box is full! This in addition to the  boxes of leeches and intruders and I think I am set. 




No comments: