Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pushing my luck

It's 10:45 Tuesday Night.  I trekked back to the local lake and brought some freshly tied Deceivers to taunt the local fishes.
Wind: Southeast at 13 MPH
Humidity: 50%
Dewpoint: 48°F
Barometer: 29.92 inches and rising

The white bass, save one, were absent, same the smallmouth.  The walleyes were still on the feed and I missed 3 before I opened the hook gap with my pliers and landed the next five.  Stout 16"-17" fish weighing on average 1.5 lbs.  Heavy strikes and some solid shakes and head tugs.  The clouds covered the moon from last night but the mosquitoes stayed away.  Half as good as last night but I'll take it.

It occurred to me that walleyes don't photograph well when you are thigh deep in a lake trying to hold a camera and a rod and a fish.  I'm certain that the prized fly fishing magazine covershot is not in the camera tonight.

No comments: