Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend, last...

I met up with T last weekend for what was 99.7% family time and .3% slinging his new 12'6" Sage two hander.  We scooped up the kids and brought them down to the water where Brother B did a fine job as camp counselor and naturalist whilst we flung line.  As with many of our finest waterways, sometimes you have to pass a reminder or two of what complete jackasses we've become (see diagram 1 below) before you can retreat to the splendor of nature.  Despite this not being a "fishing" trip, our practice casting resulted in my hooking a TINY smb, while T had to one up me by hooking a PIG walleye.  I remember somebody suggesting I not try to "lip a walleye" as I stooped over to grab T's catch.  The problem, as I discovered, was geometry.  My arms weren't long enough to secure the fish in a reasonable and sound manner...so I lipped him.  A 4 or 5 pound (honest) walleye A. doesn't like to be "lipped" and B. has the teeth to defend against such an assault.  The result:
Thumb 0 - Walleye 4.  (Sorry T for not being able to hold on).  Damn it.
Nice rod by the way.

Diagram 1
T hoistin' eye.

B.U.R (bloody unintentional release)

 

1 comment:

K said...

Dude, that's a terrible looking cut. Oxysporin?