Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10 wt.

I decided to shove back from the tying desk and swivel around to the rod building table.
In 4 nights, the St Croix Legend Elite (Saltwater) 4pc 10wt blank was adorned and festooned with cork, thread and guides. A couple of nights on the rod turner with drying threadmaster epoxy and voila:


After the kids went to bed, I clamped on a Nautilus loaded with a SA Tarpon wf-10-f line and stole a quick dryland session at the local park. The sun was over the horizon and the local dog walkers avoided the stranger standing in the middle of the soccer field making odd arm movements. Not being able to see the rod in the dim light, I suspect they thought I was doing Tai Chi and gave me a wide berth...which was good. Not that I am anti-social...I needed the room because this rod whomps! At one point I paced off the distance after walking over to see how the leader was laying out. I was drilling straight leader casts at 85'-95' and the rod was easily shooting 30' of this.

It's going to the Bahamas next week. Hopefully a permit will show.

No comments: