Friday, June 1, 2007

Time for a new post

Haven't posted for a while. Sorry, but see the date on the previous post?4/9/07. My wife and I added a daughter on 4/10/07. I stopped working at my previous place of employment on 5/17/07. I started a new rock wall in the back yard and I have been catching Bluegills the size of garbage can lids on a lake near here. Busy busy busy. I thought that my activities this morning deserved a post so here goes: 5:30 am on another lake near here. A lake with sand flats and easy wading. The carp met me at the shore promptly, as we'd discussed. Hundreds of them, cruising, eating, mating in their deviant 5 fish orgies. Before I continue with the carp, has anyone ever seen largemouth sipping midges in 12" of water. I have. At 5:30 this morning. I'm going to go back with a 5 wt rigged up with a size 14 parachute adams and clean up. The Carp...well, I caught 2 and missed 2. They were everywhere.
I pitched a size 12 rubber legged, peacock hurled nymph into a calm spot behind a point and Blammo! These are not small fish. I think 15-20 pounds on this guy... Carp, sand flats, bead chain eye nymphs and not a soul around...heaven?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the smallie fishing?

Jorge said...

big carp !

bye from Spain